Upcoming events of interest to our constituency are below. For detailed information keep scrolling!
- EXPO February 22nd
- Instagram contest happening now!
- Poster Contest local entries due to Kerry Kettering-Goens by March 9th
- Dinner with local colleagues. Practice your Spanish or Portuguese. Save the Date: March 13th. XOLO Tacos (14th North Merion Avenue Bryn Mawr, PA) $25 per person, cash bar.
- Student EXPO on Saturday, February 22nd 8:00-12:00 at The Haverford School (Upper School) at 450 Lancaster Avenue. To register click here: Registration Form
Greater Philadelphia Area Chapter 051 of
The American Association of the Teachers of Spanish and
Invites you and your students to the Eighth Annual
Date: Saturday, February 22nd
Registration Deadline: February 14th, 2020
ACTFL guidelines – experienced judges – great prizes
A waiting area will be available for teachers and parents.
Note: Teachers, if you are interested in attending but cannot bring/send
Check us out on Instagram at : aatsp_pa051
Current competition: Día del Amor y de la Amistad
We have contests coming up. Share pictures of your classroom decorations and displays (without students) to Instagram. Use the hashtag aatsp051. You can also email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send gift cards to the winners of our classroom decoration contest.
2020 Poster Contest
Español y Portugués para un mundo multilingüe y multicultural
Espanhol e Português para um mundo multilíngue e multicultural
Each year the AATSP sponsors the Poster Contest that is open to K–12 Spanish and Portuguese students whose teachers are current AATSP members. You can compete nationally and locally. Our chapter will have a contest and you can compete with students in our local area and get chapter prizes. We will then forward our winners to the national. For information on the contest please follow the link below. We also have the student information form for you to complete with your submissions.
Deadline for posters: postmarked by March 9th.
Please remit to:
The Haverford School 450 Lancaster Avenue, Haverford, PA. 19041
Digital submissions go to email@example.com
The AATSP Poster Contest:
- Is an excellent project for Hispanic Heritage Month and world language celebrations
- Encourages cross-curriculum collaboration (social studies, art, and technology)
- Verbalizes appreciation for other languages and cultures
- Promotes creative thinking
- Celebrates visual learners
- Celebrates artistic expression
- Is a great program-advocacy tool
- Is an excellent way to engage the enthusiasm of our students!